Regional Youth Orchestra Closing Concert
- Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre (BMEC)
- Sunday 11:00am – 12:30pm
Talented young musicians from Regional Conservatoriums across NSW perform opera favourites and Tchaikowsky’s 5th Symphony at this FREE concert, the closing event of Artstate Bathurst, Regional Arts NSW’s conference and festival.
Regional Youth Orchestra NSW (RYO NSW) showcases the musical talent of regional youth from the seventeen Regional Conservatoriums based in country towns across the state. These young musicians have performed at the Sydney Opera House and have been mentored by world-class conductors and players from the Australian World Orchestra, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, and Opera Australia Orchestra.
This free concert at the Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre features opera arias and choruses by Mozart, Verdi and Puccini, as well as the passionate 5th Symphony of Tchaikowsky. RYO NSW is conducted by Patrick Brennan and Graham Sattler, with soprano Bethany Carter and tenor George Sargent from Mitchell Conservatorium, and the Sounds Live Choir.
RYO NSW is an initiative of the Association of NSW Regional Conservatoriums and is hosted in Bathurst by Mitchell Conservatorium.
RYO NSW Artstate Closing Concert Program
First Half (conductor, Dr Graham Sattler)
- Verdi: Grand March from Aida
- Handel: Tornami a vagheggiar from Alcina (w/Bethany Carter, Soprano)
- Mozart: Un aura amorosa from Cosi fan tutti (w/George Sargent, Tenor)
- Mozart: Ach ich fühl’s from the Magic Flute (w/Bethany Carter, Soprano)
- Puccini: Humming chorus from Madama Butterfly (w/Sounds Live Choir)
- Puccini: Che gelida manina from La Boheme (w/George Sargent, Tenor)
- Bizet: Je dis, que ne rien m’épouvante from Carmen (w/Bethany Carter, Soprano)
- Verdi: Va, pensiero, “Chorus of Hebrew Slaves” from Nabucco (w/Sounds Live Choir)
Second Half (conductor, Patrick Brennan)
Tchaikowsky: Symphony No. 5